Regenerative Cell Institute’s innovative stem cell therapy procedures treat a variety of medical conditions including:
- Orthopedic Conditions – including osteoarthritis, neck and back pain, sports injuries, ligament damage, and joint pain
- Auto-Immune Diseases – including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), fibromyalgia, Crohn’s disease, and peripheral neuropathy
- Neurological Conditions – including multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s disease, stroke recovery, Alzheimer’s disease, and autism
Many musculoskeletal conditions caused by sports injuries and overuse, and diseases associated with aging, can be treated with stem cell procedures. If you:
- Suffer from chronic pain due to arthritis or injuries.
- Are a candidate for back surgery or joint replacement surgery.
- Live with a common auto-immune disease.
- Battle a neurological condition.
- Are living with degenerative conditions associated with aging.
- Deal with erectile dysfunction (ED) or other conditions that adversely affect sexual wellness.
Stem cell therapy may have the potential to avoid invasive surgery, steroid treatments, or medications so you can enjoy an active, healthy life!
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy
- No risk of rejection – Autologous stem cells are harvested from and reintroduced into the patient’s own body. Stem cells derived from donor sources such as amniotic fluid and/or umbilical cord blood are thoroughly tested and able to adapt to the environment into which injected.
- Minimally invasive – In contrast to traditional treatment such as surgery or joint replacement, stem cell treatments are minimally invasive. Procedures are performed as out-patient and generally take 2-3 hours in the office. Patients rarely require any post-operative pain medication and are able to return to normal activity within 24 hours.
- Avoid surgery – Our stem cell therapy procedures help many patients avoid invasive surgeries such as hip replacement, knee replacement or arthroscopy, serve as an alternative to back surgery such as spinal fusion or lumbar disc replacement, and help patients avoid many other orthopedic surgeries. Additionally, stem cell therapy can serve as a replacement for many cosmetic surgical procedures such as breast implants, buttock implants, and fillers.
- Rebuild the body’s own healthy tissue.
- No need to consider the demanding recovery or downtime associated with traditional surgery.
- No general anesthesia – Due to the minimally invasive nature of stem cell therapy, procedures generally require local anesthesia only.
- No transmission of communicable disease.
- Fast recovery – Stem cell patients can resume normal activities in 1-2 days.
What to Know About Autologous and Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplants
Autologous stem cells mostly come from the bone marrow and adipose (fat) tissues of the patients. Autologous involves harvesting or bone marrow aspiration using a special needle under local anesthesia or liposuction under tumescent anesthesia. It is then followed by isolation of stem cells (SVF in case of adipose) thru centrifugation. The procedure is all done in-office with minimal pain.
Allogeneic stem cells mostly come from the umbilical cord blood, umbilical cord tissues(known as Wharton’s jelly), amniotic membrane, and amniotic fluid. In the allogeneic procedure, the products are harvested from newly-born healthy babies whose mothers are tested with blood work for infections such as HIV, hepatitis, cancer, etc. They are manufactured by a GMP-certified and FDA-registered lab. Products are stored at -80 degrees until they are shipped on dry ice to our office for use.
To learn more about stem cell therapy, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Santos, please contact the Regenerative Cell Institute.